bend wyatt one crop

bend wyatt one crop

Monday, June 24, 2013

Herb Folklore as told by Stanzie and Wyatt

Herbs have acquired some interesting folklore during their centuries of cultivation by humans....
Beloved as a relaxation aid and stress reliever, lavender has also been associated with love and fertility and was often added to wedding cakes for this reason.

Lore says that where parsley thrives, the woman of the household is in charge.
Constanza says, "Right on Sisters" and chop up a sprig of that flat leaf parsley for MY dinner! 

Basil also symbolized love and it is said that a young woman who placed a basil plant on her windowsill, was looking for a suitor. "Hey George the Lad....I have Basil...."

Rosemary is associated with friendship, fidelity and love.
An herb also used in weddings.
Rosemary is also believed to increase concentration and memory when working or studying.

"Hey George! I have out my parsley and basil....Just Sayin'"

Stanzie


16 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhh Stanzie... LEAVES of LOVE!! This is a FUN post. WE have CURLY LEAF Parsley growing... fur when we make our V-8 juice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, do we need to help you yell at George, Yep Mom & Dad use lots of herbs in there cooking, and sometimes we get some of the left overs, mighty tasty!

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that was very interesting. I am sure George doesn't need any herb to fall for you.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. We always pee on the basil. What, does that mean??

    Bart

    ReplyDelete
  5. We think you are so cute in the rosemary. What great information about all those herbs.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  6. We didn't know all that about herbs! We just went by taste.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So interesting and informative. Thank you Wyatt. I'm right out there looking for basil on windowsills on my way to the park. (It does work for dogs too, not just humans?) But what to think if I see basil and parsley?
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love all herbs and ours are not too bad which is just as well as everything else is still not doing good at all. We are supposed to get a warm spell soon...paws crossed. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the one about putting a pouch of lavender under your pillow - they say you will dream of your future partner if you do that. They also say it helps with headaches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard about the lavendar. I once made a boyfriend a lavendar pouch when I worked in a living history museum from the Civil War era. It was supposed to be a love potion. How funny. Have a great day guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are very knowledgeable Wyatt. We don't have parsley and Lily is still head of the household
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting post Wyatt. I look forward to seeing your wonderful face every day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do believe we have all that in our garden. Well, except for the parsley. I did add Epazote this year (I'll see what I think of it).

    Sage's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool! And, what does it mean if I pee on the parsley???
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stanzie, I like your choices! I didn't know all that lore about herbs, but I really enjoyed learning about it.

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, you know so much Stanzie...love this post and your pics :-)

    ReplyDelete