bend wyatt one crop

bend wyatt one crop

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Wyatt's Riot!

You say it's my Birthday!!
(Last Monday...why was everyone at work?)
So today is my pawtay.
My very own cake!
With my name spelled in carrot shavings!
I loved all the recipes for dog treats and dog dinners, but this one takes the cake.
Thank you, Oskar and Oskar's Mom!

You win an Amazon Gift Card!
Recipes are at the end of this post.

Choosing the 2 best recipes was very difficult! How do you compare salads, to desserts to main courses.....Apples and Oranges! But one recipe was loved by all. George the Lad's, Welsh Cakes!
Here is George..showing the people's choice winner!

Thanks my Welsh friend, you win an Amazon Gift Card too!

We prepared every recipe sent in and they were all soooo good.
We want to share them all with you, so we will include one recipe / link to our pal, per post for awhile.
So stay tuned for upcoming yumm-ables, like Mr. Pips, Smoked Salmon Pasta and Bandit's Enchiladas.
Mom is complaining that her jeans are really tight!


Here are some of the dog cookies we made.
They were all super yummy too.
Stanzie says, "Okay, I put on the party hat." " How about some of that cake?"
I'm waiting....
OMD, it's a little piece of heaven!
Stanzie gives it 4 paws up!
Don't eat the paper plate!
Hey, look the neighbors are coming over for cake.

Duke
Dolly the Cow
Girlie
NO DAD....It's not an 80's party.
Discard some of the bling...so embarrassing!

...And why do Sallie and her green friend, keep flying over our house and leaving jam on our roof??
http://romancepuppy.blogspot.com/


OSKAR's
DOG RECIPE
Peanut Butter and Carrot Birthday Cake with Yogurt Frosting
1 cup white or wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C)
Mix together flour and baking soda.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Pour into a ring mold (we used a 9" single cake pan), sprayed with nonstick spray.
Bake 40 minutes.

Frost this cake with low fat cottage cheese or yogurt and decorate with carrot pieces. Store in refrigerator.
People Recipe
George the Lad's Welsh Cakes

Ingredients
125g of butter
250g of self rising flour
75g of castor sugar (super fine)
Pinch of mixed spices
100g of currants/sultanas/raisins
1 egg beaten

Method
Mix together the butter and flour
Add the egg
Put the sugar, spice and fruit into the mixture
Put the mixture into the fridge to cool for 30 minutes
Roll out the mixture to 1 cm thick
Cut into circles
Cook the cakes in a frying pan or on a bakestone WITHOUT using oil or butter until they are browned on both sides.
Sprinkle with sugar and serve.
Best when warm or reheated in microwave!

Thank you everyone for all the delicious recipes. I will think of my pals every time we make your treats!

I think I need to diet for awhile....
Happy Digging (dieting),
Wyatt

36 comments:

  1. Oh how awesome that you chose my cake! Thank you so much & I'm glad it helped to make your birthday special.

    I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wyatt.......Happy 2nd Birthday!

    Enjoy your pawry and your cake looks pretty daleicious!

    Congratulations to George on winning the receipe competition. Think we're gonna have to try some of em.

    Have a great weekend.

    Big Nose Pokes
    The Thuglets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maaaaate!!! Happy birthday. Looks like you got plenty to eat hehe. Lots of choice there!!

    Noah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're writing down those recipes. We can see why you had a difficult choice!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Wyatt!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're so glad you had a great pawty for your barkday, Wyatt.:) All that yummy food.:) I bet you and Stanzie were in heaven.:)

    Love,
    Teddy Bear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday, Pal!! That looks like a yummers cake. Looks like we are essentially the same person but I am two years older than you. I also make my family laugh a lot and ensure they never have a dull moment. My birthday is the 11th of September and I shall pass on some of your recipes for my staff to prepare for the special occasion...

    MOLLY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, dear Wyatt! I hope you enjoyed all your yummy treats.
    It looks like your mum has been so busy cooking for you. :)

    Love, Bella & Ollie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your birthday cake is simply beautiful and looks so yummy, Wyatt!
    Congratulations to Oskar and to George!
    Diet? Heck no!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FUREND. That cake looks super delicious. Love how your name was done!!
    I can't wait to see more recipes. Maybe you should do one of those cook book thingys and SELL them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those recipes look yummy!!! My Gotcha Day is coming up in a few weeks so maybe I will make my mom bake this cake for me!

    Have a great time today! Happy belated birthday!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that birthday cake looks Daleishious!!!!! We'll make those Welsh cakes I think. Happy Birthday Pawty!!!!!
    Headrubs
    Finni xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea with the recipes! Bogart would like to know if he could decorate the cake with liver paste instead of carrots. he's definitely a meat dog. ;) Happy belated birthday by the way.

    travelinggirlwithdog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAPPY BIRFDAY WYATT...late! Your hooman don't haves her priorities straight...da cake was suppose to be on Monday...hehehe! Dats okay, at least you gots a purty cake withs your name on it.
    I am gonna haves my mum makes some of dis stuffs, everything looks sooooo yummy!!!!!
    I must makes hers go to da store fur some of these ingedients...hehehe...we ain't got nuttin heres.

    PUddles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowser, Wyatt! That is one good-looking cake! Enjoy!!

    I have you have a pawsome day today, even though your actual birthday was on Monday. Hey, if Puddles get a month and Tank gets 3 months to celebrate their birthdays.....YOU should at least get a week!!

    Birthday Hugs,
    MinnaK

    ReplyDelete
  16. We love it that you are going to share all the recipes with us !! The cakes looks good but I can't make it for Bambi on her Barkday the first of Oct. She can't have wheat or corn!! She loves both isn't that just the way!!!
    XXOO, Bambi & Fern
    PS Happy Barkday Wyatt!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to Oscar and George - both recipes look so good. We are going to have to compile a log of all the recipes you post. Mom says she really wants to try the Welsh cakes.

    Happy Birthday, Wyatt.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Barkday Handsome!!

    August is a pawesome month fur special days!

    Thanks fur the inkhredible tasty khontest too!

    Mom is going to star this in her GR so we are reminded of the yummies!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woof! Woof! Happy Happy Birthday! You must be in doggie heaven with all the delish treats your having. What a cake Wyatt ... Woof! Woof! and more Woofs!!! Enjoy!!! Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh thanks so much, glad you all liked them, and glad you had a great birthday, I'll catch up with you when we get back,I am sit in the tin box doing this comment and the bats are out flying around!!!
    See Yea Soon thanks again George xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday Wyatt! You Rock!
    Mom is writing down all those yummy recipes for us to try. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That cake looks so good I'm going to ask my Mom to make it for me for my 1st birthday. It's not for 3 more months though--do you think I should wait or tell her to make it now?
    Sage

    ReplyDelete
  23. Will you adopt me? I want my humans to make me all of those delicious treats on my next birthday. Happy, happy Birthday Wyatt!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That Cake looks mighty yummy! Looks like you had will have lots of yummy treats to make.
    Your Friends
    Geisha,Grover,Lily,Bailey,Wrinkles

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's because we love you!

    Happy B-Day! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Birthday, Wyatt!
    Congratulations to Oskar and George!
    The recipes sure are delicious!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday Wyatt! Your cake looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. We're cutting and pasting as fast as we can! Congratulations to your winners! And Happy Birthday, Wyatt!! Your Wyatt's Riot was super fun to participate in!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Fleppy B-day

    woooooooow we want that cake!

    Kissslobbers
    El'bow & Hauwii

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow Wyatt you have some fun birthday visitors! Good looking cake and daddy....well, daddy looks good in his bing (I think).
    Thanks for all the recipes. We look forward to the links in future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  31. KISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

    Oh Wyatt...I think you have some frosting in your beard...I'm just sayin' (as Lacie deftly snips a piece of his beard off with her toofers....)

    Happiest Barkday, dear Wyatt...

    Love you dear boy!!

    Lacie Cakes and her stoopid brothers

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great party! Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy birthday Wyatt! Sorry we're a couple days late...

    Kira and Murph

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh noooo! We are the worst poochie friends in the whole wide world. We are so sorry we are late in wishing you a Happy Birthday Wyatt. It is still very heartfelt. Happy belated Birthday Wyatt!!!
    Smooches from pooches,
    BabyRocketDog and Hootie

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh I'm a couple days behind on my blogging and so I'm really late on wishing you a happy birthday! Looks like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete