Just down the freeway from my place, is the historic town of Willamette.
Stanzie and I, like the park here.
There are ducks and kids and boats....
Did I mention ducks?
Mom likes it here, because there is a cute little nursery, 'Green Gate'.
They have some unusual plants.
...and some fish with big mouths.
Mom thought, I was a beggar! Heehee
Stanzie likes to come to the car shows here in Willamette.
I come for the thrills!
See you at the Park!!
Wyatt and Stanzie
This is for you Fern :)
Recipe for Strawberry Gelato
(We use a Cuisinart ice cream maker)
4 egg yolks, 1 cup granulated sugar, 2 cups milk, 2 cups pureed strawberries, 1/2 tsp. vanilla.
1) In a bowl, whisk egg yolks with sugar until thickened and pale yellow. Set aside.
2) In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring milk to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Gradually whisk into the egg mixture.
3) Return entire mixture to the saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Be careful not to let it boil. Let cool to room temperature.
4) Stir in strawberry puree and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until completely cold or overnight.
5) Stir the mixture and transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (25-30 minutes in a Cuisinart ice cream maker)